Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gaming Break So to Speak

It's been quiet from a gaming perspective for me so far this year and this has been due to a number of factors, notably:

Dun, dun, dun.....
I will become a father for the first time on or before April 24th! I cannot tell you how excited, but also apprehensive I am about this. I mean on the one hand I'm fulfilling my biological purpose, but on the other I don't want to drop her :). 

No more gitface ;(
Warhammer Online shut down, /sadpanda. I was sad when I heard this news, but it's not like we didn't see it coming - I just hope EA/Mythic get their come-uppance for screwing up such a great IP.

Nice horns.
SW:ToR isn't very good. I did play this on and off during 2013, but always found myself with reasons to not play, whether that be playing some free DAoC or just going to watch telly. Not a good sign.

How many daggers?
Neverwinter isn't very good. I picked this up as a bunch of my e-friends were playing it, but I just couldn't get in to it. It reminded me a lot of LotRO for some reason, but with less appeal and not much fun.

Where my Pen!
World of Tanks lost it's vavavoom and just felt like a massive grind. I played this religiously towards the end of 2013 and did enjoy it, but as the time passed I felt more like a robot than a player just mechanically grinding the EXP to unlock that next tier tank. At that point I lost interest, but I may pick it up again, depending on how good/bad War Thunder: Ground Forces turns out to be.

I hope I can find some time with the new arrival pending to indulge in a little Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar or next year, Camelot Unchained but we'll see what happens.

Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment